We started a new meetup series last week focusing on not-for-profit (non-profit) organizations. We held the first meetup in the east end at Kobayashi + Zeitguys on the Danforth, our old haunt for the WPToronto East meetups.
A reminder: what our meetups are for
Local WordPress meetup groups like WPToronto are for the community to come together, sharing our knowledge and experiences with the WordPress platform.
WordPress is all about community. It’s open source software, which means it’s built through the collective contributions of people from around the world.
The beautiful thing about a WordPress meetup is that anyone in the community can step up and lead their own event.
If you’re not familiar with WPToronto and Toronto’s WordPress community, look into the various meetups happening around town.
Who is this new NFP meetup series for?
This new monthly meetup series focuses on WordPress sites that support the social good. We had a great kick-off event with Amanda Gorman from GiveWP sharing best practices for donation pages.
We also talked about what we want this meetup series to be. What topics should we cover?
What topics do we want to see in the future?
- WordPress security
- WordPress hosting – different types, pros and cons
- Membership sites, programs and campaigns
- DIY website management & maintenance
- Content strategy
- Collaborating and working with other organizations
- Automation, productivity tools
- WordPress plugins for non-profits
- Website planning
- Web analytics & reporting
Best practices for donation landing pages
Preparing for Success
- Understand your donors as deeply as you can
- Perform keyword research
- Do a competitor analysis
- Understand donor demographics & qualities (via surveys, interviews)
- Set goals
- Be clear and specific
- Set dates to review success and make improvements
- Measure your data
- Set clear metrics you can track & improve