All of the videos for the online sessions are now in WordPress Toronto | YouTube.
本篇文章总结了从 Let’s Fix Your WordPress Site, 2021-05-18 | Meetup. This was our 14th online session using 缩放.
This session recap post consists of the video recording and the chat transcript. There aren’t any of the usual session notes.
在活动页面的评论中提出了帮助请求 而在Zoom的聊天信息中，则是包含在笔记的第一部分和 或多或少按时间顺序讨论。
The session started at 6:30 PM, ended at early at 7:45 PM because of the hosts’ other commitments.
下一届会议是 Let’s Fix Your WordPress Site, 2021-06-15 | Meetup.
This WordPress Toronto Meetup sub-group is sponsored by 韦格洛特 and the Canadian Management Consortium.
Weglot is the fastest and most flexible way to translate your website. Check out a 小样.
Try Weglot out for yourself and then get 15% off as a WordPress 多伦多 委员，
There aren’t any notes for this session.
- 18:37:32 From Jamie M to Everyone: do you get to help fix our site
- 18:37:41 From Alex Sirota to Everyone: yep
- 18:47:03 From Emily Jeffers to Everyone: I don’t see a lot of those features
- 18:47:08 From Emily Jeffers to Everyone: are they theme-based?
- 18:47:57 From Jamie M to Everyone: how to I connect my contact us form to my email
- 18:48:16 From Jamie M to Everyone: and is it good to use elementary or are there alternatives
- 18:48:21 From Jamie M to Everyone: elementor
- 18:50:33 From Alex Sirota to Everyone: I am looking at a plugin that protects plain email addresses and mailto links from email-harvesting robots, by encoding them into decimal and hexadecimal entities. Two candidates: https://wordpress.org/plugins/email-encoder-bundle/ https://wordpress.org/plugins/email-address-encoder/ Any experience with these? I think one was used on a previous edition of a website I managed (but third party built) but has been replaced.
- 18:51:03 From Jacques Surveyer to Everyone: A good source for the latest trend on Gutenberg is WPTavern.com – almost daily news items
- 18:51:07 From Lori to Everyone: if my theme hasn’t supplied an update since December, is that a bad sign? how often are they supposed to offer an update?
- 18:56:11 From Jacques Surveyer to Everyone: I looked at my Spam folder today [Gmail] and found about 10 phishing emails this past week
- 18:58:06 From Rob (Sohrab) Soltani to Everyone: Hello everyone, My name is Rob (Sohrab) Soltani. I am a CS student in Toronto. I have been playing around with WordPress for a couple of years now. I have had one WordPress client so far. I am so happy to have found your group. I am hoping to upgrade my WordPress skills and knowledge by learning from your experience here.
- 19:00:57 From Laya Steinberg to Everyone: Hi all, I should have introduced myself right off the bat. I am a graphic designer with limited experience designing websites, though I’ve used WordPress a few times for my own sites and for friends. I’m hoping to learn more and am glad to have found this group.
- 19:02:06 From Alex Sirota to Everyone: https://support.google.com/a/users/answer/9308648?hl=en
- 19:07:49 From Jamie M to Everyone: wanted to ask a question
- 19:08:51 From Jamie M to Everyone: thanks
- 19:09:14 From Collette to Everyone: hi, my name Collet, i joined to see how to fix my wordpress
- 19:10:42 From Lori to Everyone: how about deleting cookies and history
- 19:14:08 From Jamie M to Everyone: mute every one
- 19:23:47 From Rob (Sohrab) Soltani to Everyone: Laya, using Chrome developer tools I also found there are a few URLs referenced in your HTML that are not references through https (SSL). Maybe you also would need to install an SSL plugin to replace those in the theme as well?
- 19:45:45 From Laya Steinberg to Everyone: Thanks all! Clearly I have my work cut out for me but at least I have some leads, thanks to your suggestions.
The next online session is Let’s Fix Your WordPress Site, 2021-06-15 | Meetup.RSVP和发布您的问题或 请求。